Green Business Program
"It's not easy being green" is not just a phrase in a pop tune from Kermit the Frog, yet increasing efficiencies have never been more important than now. The Shoreline Chamber of Commerce through the Shoreline Green Business Program is here to make it easier to be green.
In today's economy, efficiencies can mean the difference between thriving and barely getting by. Increasing efficiencies means less money spent on resources, increased marketing advantage and in some cases better working conditions.
- Increased efficiencies and productivity
- Improved worker safety
- Lower operational and environmental compliance costs
- Reduced or eliminated long-term liabilities
- Decreased disposal costs
- Decreased cost of raw materials
- Diminished need for onsite storage space
- Greater compliance with state and federal regulations
- Protection of natural resources, providing for long term sustainability of the business
- Increased integrity and status within the community = increased marketing edge, attracting new customers
- Enhanced employee morale and employee retention
- Eligibility for recognition and incentive programs such as EnviroStars or the Shoreline Green Business Certification available through this website.
How do I get started?
1) You can take 1 minute to register your company or organization online. You will receive an email prompt once you have registered. After responding to the email you can log on when ever you have a few minutes to complete the online checklist (available to fill out, either all at once or in sections). Once the checklist is completed we will receive an email notification to contact you.
Someone from our "Green Team" will email or call to set up a site visit. The site visit will help us to get a sense of what your goals and challenges are and determine if you could benefit from a referral to a specific service provider such as the Energy Star program or your waste management provider.
2) There are lots of programs and information available through your local service providers, the County the State and even Federal agencies. The challenge is finding out what programs exist.
We bring information to you with direct links from this website to the specific web pages within the agencies themselves so you don't have to go searching far to find what you need. You can take advantage of the information on this website to broaden your knowledge of the resources available to you and your business with or without registering and completing the checklist.
If you choose to register your company, fill out the checklist and participate in increasing efficiencies to your business operations. We want to recognize your achievements. You will receive a certificate of recognition, window stickers for your business location and the use of the Shoreline Green Business logo on any of your promotional materials such as letterhead and website.
So do you have what it takes to be "green"? It's easy to find out by following the steps below:
|Step 1 - Create a user account on this site|
|Step 2 - Complete the easy online survey form|